Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Going to Camp

If you’ve ever spent a week at a summer Bible camp secluding yourself away from your ipod and cell phone, taking time to hear from the Lord, making friends and having a ball, then you know that this next week for me is going to be a lot of fun!


I have been helping with the counseling, music, teaching, and speaking at Senior High Alive at Lake Lucerne WI for about a decade now and still don’t get tired of it. The friends, the ministry connections, the camaraderie, the way we all want to see lives transformed and growing in Christ, all make for a week of hard work of harvest but worth every effort.

The friends I’ve made there over the years have been solid. They have turned out to be friends that have changed the course of my life – literally! Branches Church exists as a member of the Association of Related Churches because of my connections through Senior High Alive. Ministry partners from camp are now on our Board of Overseers that hold me as the lead Pastor at Branches accountable and on track and encouraged. One of our former Children’s Directors was connected with me through this camping ministry – I say former because marriage and school and career have placed her and her husband in Minnesota. I have watched boys who had me as their counselor years back grow into strong and faithful young men who are using their vacation time from work returning and counseling the boys now as staff.

So say a prayer for us at Senior High Alive this week that God would show Himself faithful and true to each and every person setting aside their schedule of work and summer in order to be among a group of Christians who want to see lives changed and made Alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment